Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Seeking inspiration

I have a little book.  I hardly ever use it.  I bought it on the chance that I might need to research some topic in the Bible in haste.  The reference is called The Little Book on Where to Find It In the Bible.  Well, I was trying to find something about the relationship of siblings for my previous post, but happened across an entry for "diary," which is sort of what this blog is for me.
There were three entries, but I chose (somewhat arbitrarily) this one:

Job 19: 23-24
 8.14 (31.)
23 “Oh that my words were written
Oh that they were inscribed in a book!

24 Oh that with an iron pen and lead
they were engraved in the rock forever!
from the ESV translation
8.14 (27.)
There are right now two books of my blog-diary which span from January 2009-July 2010.  I cherish them.  I love going back through and reading all that my little family has experienced.  I reflect on where we were and where we are.  It's different than a scrapbook - it's my words - usually raw - written pretty much at the same time I pushed "publish post" and sent my thoughts into cyberspace.  Wow. 
8.14 (28.)

No comments: