Wednesday, August 18, 2010

How

How did she get the paint can open?
How did a gallon of pretty green satin paint end up on my carpeted floor?
How do I keep my cool when I know the stain is going to be ugly?
How many paper towels does it take to sop up the wet paint?
How did I get paint on my counters, my floor tiles, my kids?
How am I supposed to watch the seven-year-old when the two-year-old is already consuming attention?
How can I get the child to stop lying to my face about everything?
How do I survive this stage of her life?
How do I let her know I love her unconditionally - even when she messes up?
How do I get paint out of a carpet?

Only the last question seems to have an easy answer...
How to Clean Paint From Carpet
(from ehow.com)


Things You'll Need:
  • dry cleaning fluid
  • ammonia
  • soft dry cloth
  • water
  • non-bleach, non-alkaline mild detergent
Steps You'll Take
  1. Pour dry cleaning fluid over the stain.
  2. Blot the stain with a dry, white cloth.
  3. Apply a small amount of mild liquid detergent to the stain.
  4. Blot the stain again with the cloth.
  5. Flood the area with water.
  6. Blot again.
  7. Pour a small amount of ammonia over the stain.
  8. Blot again.
  9. Apply a little more liquid detergent to the stain.
  10. Blot again.
  11. Flood the area with water
  12. Blot one last time.

No comments: