Friday, January 1, 2010

You're Fired!


EYEs ♥ this camera!, originally uploaded by Mommy Rachelle.

It's 2010, New Year's Day. The batteries are freshly charged. The SD card is empty. And sitting patiently in wait is my new best friend.

Hello friend, they call me Mommy Rachelle, and I am so glad we're finally going to get to know one another better.

It's okay that I don't know half of the auto controls you have. I am ready to hang out. We'll build a relationship as we move through life together... I'm sure these special secrets will be revealed in no time. I have faith.

**later**

It doesn't matter that it took a few minutes to delete the first picture you we took. Maybe you were just trying to preserve the memory? I must admit, our first day together was awesome. We've etched 75 special memories (and I only removed the really bad ones, I swear).

This has to be my favorite shot... who knew an eye and some lashes could look so cool? You did all the work here. I didn't even look until after you'd snapped! It was sort of like a surprise. And I love it!

I'm gonna write a special note to my pal Nikon D50. Let him know that he's been replaced. He'll always hold a special memory in my heart, but he's just not BFF material, ya know? I probably wont be as harsh as "The Don.," but he needs to know the truth. We'll hang out sometimes, but our daily trysts are a thing of the past. I'm sure he'll understand.

2 comments:

Taylor said...

Great shot! Congrats on the new camera?!

Shannon said...

SO... you bought a Canon! Can't wait to see what you do with it! :)