Friday, November 28, 2008

Thanksgiving... Part 1

This year's festivities were filled with the usual fixings, turkey, ham, baked mac'n'cheese, sweet potato pie, stuffing, mashed potatoes, corn, and green beans. Mom really did it up in the kitchen (with Chi at as her assistant). Unlike me, who occasionally experiments in the kitchen out of necessity rather than for the joy of it, Chi takes pleasure in culinary experiences. And having more patience than I, Mom obliges Chi's offers to "help."

The gathering included a few new faces, namely my future sister-in-law Megan, my Marq (aka Daddy) and of course, our Yadon... My baby brother ventured out from Rice University and my cousin and aunt drove down from the north. Tav, Chi and I are the locals, so we, of course, came with big appetites. MomandDad, fresh from a Hawaiian honeymoon/anniversary vacation, had a full house again.

I said before that I have a lot to be thankful for this year. God is working overtime to make sure that our family feels His presence as He shapes and molds our lives on earth.

No comments: