Saturday, August 12, 2006

"Mommy, I need a brother"

I'm sorry?  Did you just say what I think you said?
"Mommy, I need a brother."
That little sentence.  Hmmm.  Do you have any idea what that would require?  Unless God is planning another immaculate conception (ie: manless involvement), this little wish isn't going to be fulfilled for some time.

Darn "Blue's Clues."  If I had to choose one show that would sink evil ideas and bad messages into my kid's head, it wouldn't have been that one.  I mean, come on.  Does every cartoon character have to have a sibling to feel complete?  Just because someone out there declared that 2.5 children was "perfect" doesn't mean that one isn't just as grand.

I'm sure it's a harmless phrase.  And I could even consider it if I were say, married... or involved... or otherwise rid of this nunnish status I find myself in.  For now though, LC, you'll be my one and only gift from God.  And believe me child, you're more than I could've ever dreamed about - - beautiful, smart, articulate, and thankfully "the only one."

No comments: