Friday, May 6, 2011

Oh! So blessed

I received this poem from a dear friend at work today:
Your natural children are blessed to have your love envelop them daily;
Your knowledge poured into them in bountiful quantities;
Your creativity presented wrapped with expectation is given to them in hope;
And your prayers -- whispered or shouted  -- cried for them for a future that far exceeds your own
The Lord hears --- Oh what a mother!
Your adopted children are blessed to have your enduring devotion to their learning;
Your push even when they don't care;
Your words --soft or hard always needed-drive your children to give you their best;
Your best leads their best -- Oh what a teacher! 

Happy Mother's Day
thistle 1
And I am reminded that God places people in our lives that make each day so much sweeter.  My God, I love this woman! 
Countless times have I run to her room seeking consolation.  Others, I've come to lament about some trivial inconvenience of the job.  I've dragged her to a photo session knowing her strength would alleviate any apprehension I felt.  I've confided in her, laughed with her, shared memories.  thistle 2
She has become a friend, and that is not a title I dole out loosely.

5 comments:

Leovi said...

Beautiful flowers, convey so much beauty and I love them. Greetings

Anonymous said...

Beautiful poem and even more beautiful photograph!

A'n'G Johnson said...

what a sweet and thoughtful poem!

Hyde Park Poetry Palace said...

your blog post amazes me. love the images.
divine words.

Hyde Park Poetry Palace said...

Happy Mother’s Day to Moms in your family,
Wow.
Blessings…
Make a contribution to US if you can.
You Rock!
Love your poetry.