Friday, September 12, 2008

Hmmm....

You know how people sometimes say that a child has an old soul? Well, I'm beginning to suspect that Yadon has inherited the spirit of some little old man.

Last night he decided that 2 a.m. began his social hour. He was alert, eyes darting around the room, hands seeking something to grasp, and vocal cords ready to sound off if mommy dared try to put him to bed. Admittedly, it's not often he is quiet, awake and so interested in me, so I toughed out the late night bonding. Little man sat in my lap with his eyes averted to the television and watched Bravo TV's late night repeat of "Salon Takeover." I swear he was actually watching TV. Occasionally, he'd reach out to grab my hand, coo, or rotate his body toward me to play-eat. You'd be amazed at how well he shifts his position, flips from tummy to back, and adjusts his head at only two weeks old...

While I don't remember much of the first weeks Chi and I shared at home, this behavior from Yadon has me seriously questioning whether I actually brought home an infant, or if someone gave me a micro adult instead. I can't wait to see what comes next from him. I just hope it comes after 7 a.m. when I can enjoy and appreciate it without secretly dreaming of sleep and willing Yadon to join me!

No comments: