Friday, June 27, 2008

Trying the third trimester

Officially, the final run of this pregnancy begins today. We're at 28 weeks - 7 months exactly. Laura came with me to the last doctor's appointment and heard her brother's heartbeat for the first time. The doctor chastised me about not gaining any weight in the 2 1/2 weeks since the last appointment. And Marq was a bit surprised to hear that the speculative date of our c-section is Friday, 8-28-2008. I like the numbers, although I'm not a fan of moving this birth forward by 2-3 weeks...

Tomorrow we're scheduled for the 3d/4d sonogram and hopefully we'll see what our little man looks like. Laura insists he's a cutie. I pray he's a healthy, happy, well-adjusted and handsome youngster. Is that too much to ask for?

We splurged a bit on a few more outfits for the new arrival at a sale... and picked up some too-cute-to-pass-up booties from another store. Laura upgraded her car seat to a pink princess chair with cup holders. And we acquired two photo albums with slide pages for both my kids. (That sounds so weird to say!)

Nesting has certainly begun... and is on overdrive. I want the crib up pronto! We already put up Laura's playhouse in the backyard and painted 2/3rds of it on Thursday. My craft room is almost put together too, with just a few adjustments to be perfect.

And now, I'm off to scrap book a few more pages of my baby girl before bed.

No comments: