Saturday, August 4, 2007

My Baby No More

Chi told me she hates me.  She also kicked me in the shin and attempted to smack me on the chest a few times.  No doubt she was aiming for my face, but I've got at least a foot on my four year old...  It was part of a growing number of tantrums when she doesn't get what she wants.  Perhaps she needs a father to straighten her out?  Or, perhaps I've been to lax on the discipline.

She can make her own sandwiches.  Pours her own drinks.  Fixed herself a bowl of cereal with milk. 

Chi also said sleeping in her uncle's room (he's away at college) is "LAME".   First off, who taught her that expression, and second, is that still "en vogue" to say?

And just last night I ventured out to by little miss her uniforms.  Yes, little plaid jumpers and navy skirts and white collared shirts.  She's on her way to kindergarten this fall...

Growing up isn't easy.  Guess she's trying to test her boundaries.  In the meantime, I'm feeling a bit unneeded and missing the dependency.

No comments: