Saturday, January 29, 2011

No sick day for mama

I've never felt so blechk.

Or maybe I've just erased such debilitating illnesses from my memory.

Every strand of hair aches.

My musles are all in agony.

My eyes hate the light - they hate opening for sight even more.

My throat is raw, as though it dirty danced with sandpaper a bit too long.

And my sinuses have issued a mutiny against my head that they intend to carry out.

I've sent several texts in pleas of help and the reply has not been what I hoped for.  No, I didn't get, "Sorry you feel so terrible, why don't I come watch the kids for a few hours so you can recharge."  Nothing like that at all.

Perhaps that's okay.  The illness took over this house like a plague.  There are no sick days for Mama... 

But thank God for snow days, which have at least kept me out of work since Wednesday...

In other news, SHE DID IT!
1.27 (132web)
Chi earned her yellow tip Thursday despite feeling yucky, fighting a sore throat, and suffering from fatigue.
sparing

1 comment:

Taylor said...

Way to go Chi!!

Sorry about the sickness, I am fighting the same thing too, it sucks but you're right, no sick day for Mama LOL!