Saturday, September 4, 2010

Home Alone

It's after 11 and I'm wired. For the last few hours my house has been quiet... the kids turned against me and opted to stay with Oma for the night and she agreed.  Needless to say, I was shocked.  So I went home alone, made myself dinner, and watched Titanic.  And then the reality that I was without children sank in.  What to do? I thought about jumping on the bed, but with my luck, the frame would break and I'd end up sleeping on the floor.  Oh well.

I should probably get myself into bed because tomorrow I have to write down the lesson plans I know by heart and have been using (with tweaks and such) for years.  I almost feel like if I write them down, I am restricted to following them.  That's just not my teaching style.  I have an objective, I follow our Standards of Learning, and I use my judgment to gauge what my students need and when.  Plans... blehk.

I have a great capture of Ya's profile to share... I'm still trying out the natural light photography, but this one used the auto portrait setting and the flash almost blew out the picture.  I used a free PS Action to give it a vintage feel and hide the flash's harshness. 
9.4 (143.)
I'm in love with my kid's ever-changing face!  Better look now, because he's evolving his appearance and growing his personality daily.

1 comment:

Taylor said...

Great profile! Hope you enjoyed your quiet time.