Tuesday, August 17, 2010

The best intentions

I know my colleague had the best of intentions when she mentioned a new club she'd heard about on television.  That club is ShoeDazzle and for the low, low price of $39.99 a shoe, I can collect designer imposters. 

Admittedly, I have no idea the designers I'm posing on.  A friend mentioned BCBGs the other day and I had to look the reference up to see that it was a designer (or group of designers) affiliated with Maz Azaria.  I know my eyes bulged at the $225 price neatly printed below several shoes I admired - - one of which looks like a black version of the military-inspired boot stilettos I got on my birthday. 

Now, I love Project Runway.  I love America's Next Top Model.  But if you asked me to name a designer featured on either show, I'd fail miserably.  So, ShoeDazzle is my little secret (no more).

I get five pairs of shoes in my showroom every month.  I can skip them all, pick a pair, or request five new shoes for consideration.  No pressure, no penalty.  Except the shoes are just that good that I have trouble not picking a pair. Uggh. 

I've done a reasonable job refraining from going nuts every month, but of the shoes that I have commandeered, I'm always flattered by the compliments.
shoe

Shoes are therapy for the sole!

1 comment:

The Maniacal Matron - @MMScarlett said...

I have a bad habit - I LOVE shoes! I may have to check out ShoeDazzle!